Re: [STUMP] vsplit and hsplit not working with emacs 22

From: Emre Sahin
Subject: Re: [STUMP] vsplit and hsplit not working with emacs 22
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 01:04:44 +0300

address@hidden writes:

> Emre Sahin <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just switched from Ratpoison. When I run Emacs 22 (either from a
>> terminal with "emacs -q", "emacs" or from WM with C-t e), it doesn't
>> behave with splits and instead works as if it is the background. When
>> I hit C-t s or C-t S, "Current Frame" is shown as it should be, but
>> Emacs is not resized to fit in new frame. It stays full screen. When I
>> try to switch other frames with C-t Tab, it does, but when Tab brings
>> focus to Emacs, it is shown again in full screen.
>
> I have similar problem if fullscreen is enabled in ~/.Xdefaults.
> If you didn't find it there try quering xrdb(1).

I don't know why this message appeared so late in the list, I sent it
three days ago I think and was busy enough to forget it. :)

Thank you for the suggestion, my fullscreen line was in
~/.Xresources. When I removed it, Emacs started to behave well. I
wonder why I didn't think this at first.

Should I file a bug report for Emacs or StumpWM or both or none?
(English must have an XOR connective, like "aut" in Latin ;))

Thanks and best regards,

E.

--
I. Emre Sahin                   @ Ankara, Turkey