[STUMP] what is ml in fmt-<name>

From: Rohan Nicholls
Subject: [STUMP] what is ml in fmt-<name>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:45:29 +0200

Hey everyone,

I was making a define-stumpwm-command with the wifi package, and I see
the same thing with battery.lisp, there is this ml argument.

I have experimented and it does not matter what I pass to it it makes
no difference, but something must be passed to both.

I see this in the code:
(declare (ignore ml))

in both functions, and other than that it is not mentioned further in
the function, so not used.

What is the point of it, can it be removed or at least made optional?

Just wondering, the wifi command just calls it with an integer, and
works fine, so it is not that important, just confusing when trying to
read the code.

Thanks,

Rohan