Re: [STUMP] Stumpwm on FreeBSD

From: Dirk Arlt
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Stumpwm on FreeBSD
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 19:56:16 +0200

Shawn <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dirk Arlt <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Shawn <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Do you know what version is in the ports tree? Stumpwm packages seem
>>> to be notoriously out of date. You may want to consider building it
>>> from the latest release. It's as easy as ./configure && make.
>>>
>>> -Shawn
>>
>> The version in ports tree is stumpwm 0.9.3.
>
> At least it's recent. You should build from source, see if that works
> (if it doesn't we can figure out why), and then possibly let the ports
> maintainer know of the problem.
>
> -Shawn

Finally i got it.

I've installed sbcl from ports, got stump from git and used the second
described way on http://stumpwm.antidesktop.net/wiki/SetUp:

        $ sbcl

        (require 'asdf)
        (require 'asdf-install)
        (asdf-install:install 'clx)
        (asdf-install:install 'cl-ppcre)

Comiled everything as normal User and copyed to /usr/local/bin

Thanks for your support and a WM that i am going to get known to now :)