Re: [STUMP] ECL

From: Julian Stecklina
Subject: Re: [STUMP] ECL
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 05:45:59 +0100

A W <address@hidden> writes:

> The ECL devs confirm that the only thing holding compatability back is thing
> that need to be implemented in wrappers.lisp
> Considering that we currently have to chooe between
> fast-and-threaded(sbcl(sbcl/slime/stump broken on Sid atm)),or small(clisp)
> and ECL would bring us the best of both worls(in theory) I think it's very
> much worth it to do that.
> Fuck, packagers could make a stumpwm-ecl binary, compiled with gcc.(need to
> research if the binaries strip symbols)
>
> __  TheGZeus: Proof of Ferocious Will  __

http://github.com/blitz/stumpwm/tree/ecl

Current issues with ECL from git:

 - open-display just hangs, which is kind of a showstopper (reported to
   ECL mailing list)

 - wrappers not tested

 - CLX/ASDF loaded at startup instead of being included into the
   executable

Thanks to ayrnieu in #stumpwm for implementing most of the stuff in
wrappers.lisp.

Have fun,
--
Julian Stecklina

violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding