Re: [STUMP] ECL

From: Luca Capello
Subject: Re: [STUMP] ECL
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:27:33 +0100

Hi there!

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 01:50:59 +0100, A W wrote:
> Considering that we currently have to chooe between
> fast-and-threaded(sbcl(sbcl/slime/stump broken on Sid atm)),

Sorry, but what is exactly the problem on Debian sid?  I cannot find any
bug in the Debian BTS about that:

  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=sbcl;dist=unstable
  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=slime;dist=unstable
  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=stumpwm;dist=unstable

And indeed StumpWM works with SBCL on my Debian sid (just tried, I use
CLISP instead).

> Fuck, packagers could make a stumpwm-ecl binary, compiled with
> gcc.(need to research if the binaries strip symbols)

This point is discussed every now and then and I clearly stated, with my
StumpWM Debian maintainer hat on, that I will never do it.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca