Re: [STUMP] Can somebody decrypt stumpwm's backtrace to me, please.

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Can somebody decrypt stumpwm's backtrace to me, please.
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 12:34:23 -0700

address@hidden writes:

> also my common-lisp-controller package was not ready to changes in API of
> POSIX module.

fwiw, I've never had clc do anything useful for me. I find it
strictly gets in the way.

> After all my clisp --version says:
>       GNU CLISP 2.47 (2008-10-23) (built 3450413437) (memory 3450414286)
>       Software: GNU C 4.3.3 20090119 (prerelease)
>       i486-linux-gnu-gcc -g -O2 -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith
> -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wmissing-declarations -Wno-sign-compare -O2
> -fexpensive-optimizations -falign-functions=4 -DUNICODE -DDYNAMIC_FFI
> -DDYNAMIC_MODULES -I. -x none /usr/lib/libreadline.so -lncurses -ldl
> /usr/lib/libavcall.so /usr/lib/libcallback.so  -L/usr/lib -lsigsegv
>       SAFETY=0 HEAPCODES LINUX_NOEXEC_HEAPCODES GENERATIONAL_GC SPVW_BLOCKS
> SPVW_MIXED TRIVIALMAP_MEMORY
>       libsigsegv 2.5
>       libreadline 5.2
>       Features:
>       (ASDF CLC-OS-DEBIAN COMMON-LISP-CONTROLLER BERKELEY-DB
> CLX-ANSI-COMMON-LISP CLX READLINE REGEXP SYSCALLS I18N LOOP COMPILER
>        CLOS MOP CLISP ANSI-CL COMMON-LISP LISP=CL INTERPRETER SOCKETS
> GENERIC-STREAMS LOGICAL-PATHNAMES SCREEN FFI GETTEXT UNICODE
>        BASE-CHAR=CHARACTER PC386 UNIX)
>       C Modules: (clisp i18n syscalls regexp readline linux clx bdb)
>       Installation directory: /usr/lib/clisp-2.47/
>       User language: ENGLISH

clisp has two implementations of clx: mit-clx and new-clx. Did you
build it with new-clx? That's the one you want.

> The problem persists, and even worse, instead of restarting just stumpwm all
> X session
> is restarted together with X server. Bug still manifests sometimes when new
> window appears,
> but the error message changed to '*** - LOGTEST: (:INPUT :STATE) is not an
> integer'.

It looks like the problem is actually gone and, sadly, replaced with a new
error.

Can you post the whole backtrace for this error? That will help me zero in on
it.

> Using sbcl does not help (session restart happens).

Both clisp and the clx library SBCL uses suffered from the pixmap
bug. It's quite possible you're running a version of sbcl's clx that
has the same bug. However, stumpwm has a built-in workaround for SBCL,
so you shouldn't have this problem with SBCL.

Was it the same "pixmap is not a window" error? can you send copy of
the backtrace?

> Nothing helps, I am resorting to fvwm1.
>
> Can anyone tell me the version combination of clisp and stumpwm THAT WORKS ?

Don't worry, we'll sort it out :).

If we can't resolve the above problems, you can also try clisp 2.46. I
remember it being pretty good. I'm actually running 2.44.1 here but I
rarely run anything but emacs so I'm not getting the pixmap error.

-Shawn