Re: [STUMP] Building StumpWM/CLisp on Ubuntu

From: Ben Spencer
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Building StumpWM/CLisp on Ubuntu
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 07:46:06 +0000

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 04:51:54PM +0100, Sébastien Vauban wrote:
> 1. The *mode-line-timeout* is not activated every second, contrarily to what's
>    written in my "dot" file (but I think this was already the case before as
>    well). So, this is not a new problem.

This rings a bell.  ISTR it's an issue either with mit-clx or earlier
versions of new-clx.  Google's not being helpful though, maybe
somebody else remembers?

> 4. My own-compiled version of StumpWM does not read my `.stumpwmrc' file, it
>    seems. Nothing appears on the screen. But, yes, `Ctrl-T' is active, and I
>    can do whatever I want with it. Working, but not set up as expected.

What happens if you do C-t ; loadrc?  Is anything useful output on the
console?  You might also try with a simpler rc file, just to see if
it's finding it at all.

Ben