Re: [STUMP] color names?

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] color names?
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 09:19:02 -0700

2010/5/8 Zrajm C Akfohg <address@hidden>:
> Is there a way to specify exactly which colors to use with the
> set-*-color commands?
>
> I.e. specify a hex value, instead of using X's silly colour names?
>
> I've tried using all of "#RRGGBB", "rgb:RR/GG/BB", and "rgbi:R/G/B",
> but none of those work.

The problem is in update-color-map. It always calls locate-color,
which only works with color names. With a little modification you
could have it skip locate-color if the object is already an
xlib;color. Then you could use make-color to specify exactly what you
want. But you should be aware that all colors are reduced in intensity
for the "normal" map and increased in intensity for the "bright" map.
Dunno why "normal" doesn't just take the colors as is...

-Shawn