Re: [STUMP] Workspaces and groups?

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Workspaces and groups?
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 09:33:19 -0700

> This is exactly what I'm looking for! :)
>
> Now having said that, the current system isn't all bad (only one of my
> regularly used three computers [work + home + laptop] actually have a
> dual head).

The tricky part would be mixing per screen groups with desktop wide
groups. I think it'd be Best if we allowed for both configurations.
But I don't see any way you could have both screen groups and desktop
groups running at the same time since the moment you switch from a
desktop group to a screen group on one of the screens you obscure part
of the desktop group. So perhaps the thing to do is to have a command
that switches between them. going from desktop->screen groups is easy:
all the desktop groups get cut up and assigned whatever windows are in
the frames on their respective screens. Going the other way I guess
you'd just extend all screen groups to occupy the desktop. That's
probably good enough for now.

Seems like a fun project. I wish I had time to hack it up.

-Shawn