Re: [STUMP] multi-head setup

From: Aaron W. Hsu
Subject: Re: [STUMP] multi-head setup
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 14:09:16 -0500

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 18:07:11 -0500, David Cohen <address@hidden> wrote:

When stump starts up on my desktop with two monitors, it automatically creates two frames, one for each monitor. I'd like to start applications in both monitors when stumpwm starts up.

My stumpwmrc has something like...

  (run-commands "term")

and this starts one terminal in one of the frames. Is it possible to loop over all frames, and start a terminal in each?

If you are running a multi-head (multi-display) setup, then you can choose which display you want your xterm to show up on using the display option, which is a standard X application option. I have not been able to get this in a multi-desktop setup that does not have a unique display for each monitor, but I am sure there is a way to do this.

--
Aaron W. Hsu | address@hidden | http://www.sacrideo.us
לֵ֤ב חֲכָמִים֙ בְּבֵ֣ית אֵ֔בֶל וְלֵ֥ב כְּסִילִ֖ים בְּבֵ֥ית שִׂמְחָֽה