Re: [STUMP] A stumpwm's module

From: Diogo F. S. Ramos
Subject: Re: [STUMP] A stumpwm's module
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 19:59:57 -0300

Scott Jaderholm <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey Diogo,

Hey Scott.

> Do you still use pavol?

Sure I use. Everyday. :^)

> I thought of another feature: per app volume setting.
>
> I am thinking of this kind of UI: a command that first presents a menu
> of apps (the result of pacmd's show sink-inputs), possibly including
> the full command name (application.name is included in output, but
> it's only "mplayer", so might be better to get pid and full name such
> as "mplayer foo.mov" to make choosing between multiple mplayers
> easier). It also might be nice to present the current volume for each
> app in that menu. When an app is selected, it goes to a UI like the
> current ui with the same keystrokes, progressbar, muting, etc.
>
> The volume can be set with pacmd's set-sink-input-volume.

Uh, I thought about this when I started writing pavol but decided it was
too much for my personal usage. I personally never had the need to
change the volume of a specific application, only the global one. Also,
I couldn't figure out a good UI for it. It seems you solved the latter
problem.

I'll take a look at it!