Re: [STUMP] dim other frames

From: Ivan Kanis
Subject: Re: [STUMP] dim other frames
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 20:23:19 +0100

rodrigo lazo <address@hidden> wrote:

> is there any way of "dimming" other frames? Sometimes I have two frames and I
> sometimes forget which one I'm working one. I know theres is the curframe
> command but it requires me to invoke it everytime I'm not sure which is the
> current frame, while dimming the others a little bit will be always "on".

I like the idea.

I don't think a window manager can do something within a window.

However you could write a program that displays a darker window
on top of your inactive window. I don't know if you know the program
xmag. It would be the same thing except instead of magnifying you would
shade. Then you'd hack stumpwm to pop the shaded window on your
dis-activated frame.

HTH
--
Ivan Kanis
http://ivan.kanis.fr

Journalist say a thing that they know isn't true, in the hope that if
they keep on saying long enough it will be true.
    -- Arnold Bennett