summer-of-code

Re: GNU participation in GSoC 2012

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: GNU participation in GSoC 2012
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 00:25:03 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 7:42 PM, Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I would like to help with my last year's experience. I could be a
> co-admin.
>
> I just realized we're kinda late on schedule. We need to setup the ideas
> page before March 9th.
>
> Further ideas can be added after that, but we'd better have a good ideas
> page for the organization evaluation process. Ideas from 2011 can be
> recycled, since only a few of them ended up being funded.

I attach LilyPond's ideas list.

> I setup this page on Libreplanet based on last year's:
>
> http://libreplanet.org/wiki/GNU_application_for_Summer_of_Code_2012

I notice that you used previous year's application; be aware that
Google's questions changed a bit.

> 1. Then: discuss and implement criteria to choose which projects get the
> scholarships (we always have less slots than good ideas). Last year's
> criteria (FSF high-priority projects first, then newcomers) seem OK, but
> there were complaints.

When you will decide on this?  From what i know, LilyPond isn't on FSF
high-priority projects list (and even if it's eligible for inclusion
there's no time to do this); if this would mean that we will get very
few slots (less than 3) then we may want to consider applying to GSoC
on our own.

thanks!
Janek