summer-of-code

Re: [gnu-soc] [Nomad] Need your help with GSoC

From: Amar M. Singh
Subject: Re: [gnu-soc] [Nomad] Need your help with GSoC
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 09:16:32 +0000

Hi Darshit,

> I'm confused. I see a bunch of email conversation without much
> context. Could someone please provide some context and what you expect
> from us?

My apologies. I should have summarised the conversation.

I am representing Nomad Web Browser for an Organisation application to
Google Summer of Code in the year 2020. We would be extremely grateful
if we can use GNU Project as a reference for the application.

The application form asks of us(we are a first time participant):

"If you are a new organization to GSoC, is there a Google employee or
previously participating organization who will vouch for you? If so,
please enter their name, contact email, and relationship to your
organization."

We require:
1. Organisation Name: GNU Project
2. Organisation Contact: <email>
3. Relationship:

At first I reached out to GNU Guix to see if we could use them as a
reference. But technically Guix participated under the umbrella of the
GNU Project.

Thanks,
Amar

----------------
About Nomad:

Nomad's a Free Web Browser that uses GNU Guile as the extension
language. It uses Emacsy library to provide features such as buffers,
keymaps, and self-documentation. Work is underway to remove the C code
and do all of this using only Guile with the help of GNU G-Golf, thanks
to Mike and David Pirotte's work. GNU Guix was the first FSDG distro
to package Nomad, and it's actively used in the development ever since.

Website: https://www.nongnu.org/nomad

Savannah page: https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/nomad

Previous conversation: