summer-of-code

Re: [gnu-soc] GSoC Consultation

From: Simon Sobisch
Subject: Re: [gnu-soc] GSoC Consultation
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 17:20:50 +0100

Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 10:45:43 +0800
From: Umair Bin Asim <umbcasim@gmail.com>
To: summer-of-code@gnu.org
Subject: [gnu-soc] GSoC Consultation

Dear GNU Team,
I hope this email finds you well.

I am a third year student looking to join the Google Summer of Code and I
would like to discuss potential projects and ideas with you.

I am mainly interested in the GnuCOBOL and GNU Poke projects, but I am
completely open to other projects and ideas if there is availability. I
wanted to know if there are any mentors, or maintainers I can consult
regarding these projects.

I thank you for your time.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Yours Sincerely,
Umair

Hi Umair,

as you have seen both GNU poke and GnuCOBOL suggested projects, so both also provide mentoring. And in any case - the project ideas are just that: ideas. If you want to you could also come up with an own project idea, if you find something that is useful for the project and one of the mentors would mentor.

if you have interest in GnuCOBOL - feel free to directly contact me via this mail, but also feel invited to send a note to Jemarch at poke-devel@gnu.org; if you have the time you could also send a proposal to both projects and we'll discuss later on which one we'd like to support as "GNU org at GSOC".