Re: [Swftools-common] Problem with swfcombine: Red Blocks Where Text Sho

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Problem with swfcombine: Red Blocks Where Text Should Be
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 22:11:50 +0200

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 02:01:44PM -0500, Mark Smith wrote:
> I have used vnc2swf to generate a swf movie of text being typed into an
> xterm.  Now I want to add sound. I tried to use swfcombine, but red blocks
> appear where the typed text should be.

Sounds like a Flash player bug I encountered before, where certain
images turned to red blocks because their size was less than 64 bytes.
It's strange, however, that you get this only after running the movie
through swfcombine.

> The static text is ok. I also tried running the video swf file alone
> through swfcombine and got the same thing.
> Is this a common problem and is there a work around?
>
> swfcombine -Tm video.swf -o out.swf

Could you upload video.swf somewhere and post the link here? I'd like
to take a look at that file.

Thanks,