Re: [Swftools-common] Problem with swfcombine: Red Blocks Where Text Sho

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Problem with swfcombine: Red Blocks Where Text Should Be
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 23:36:01 +0200

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 10:11:50PM +0200, Matthias Kramm wrote:
> On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 02:01:44PM -0500, Mark Smith wrote:
> > I have used vnc2swf to generate a swf movie of text being typed into an
> > xterm.  Now I want to add sound. I tried to use swfcombine, but red blocks
> > appear where the typed text should be.
> Could you upload video.swf somewhere and post the link here? I'd like
> to take a look at that file.

Thanks for the files.
I found the problem- swfcombine reads DEFINEBITSLOSSLESS tags as long
tags but writes then as short tags (< 63 bytes length, so only 2 bytes header).
I fixed librfxswf to always write DEFINEBITSLOSSLESS and DEFINEBITSLOSSLESS2 as
long tags to prevent against the mentioned player bug.
The fix is checked into CVS.