Re: [Swftools-common] EXIF JPEG

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] EXIF JPEG
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 19:33:19 +0200

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 06:01:51PM +0300, Valery Filin wrote:
> just a question/idea.
> Do you plan to add support of EXIF metadata information into jpeg2swf?
> http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/tib/tib4317.shtml

Interesting idea.
It might be especially useful if the exif image orientation
parameter would be used to determine whether an individual image
needs to be rotated, so you don't have to tilt your head
all the time while watching them. :)

Not sure what to do with the other information (picture date, lens size,
subject distance, camera settings, brightness/contrast etc.) though.
Maybe display them as text below the picture?

Anyway, I don't think that I'll ever add exif to jpeg2swf, because it would
require
an extra library, and also the jpeg2swf code is quite old and not really
supported
anymore.
I wonder whether there is any exif library for python though- the python version
of an exif-aware jpeg2swf should be a one-pager.
Or one could write a perl script which generates a .sc script for a number of
images...  Any volunteers?