Re: [Swftools-common] Concatenating SWF files created with Camtasia Prod

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Concatenating SWF files created with Camtasia Producer
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:07:03 +0200

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 06:51:43PM -0800, Yarone Goren wrote:
> As you probably know, Camtasia is an extremely popular package for
> creating AVI Screen Captures.  It also allows you to convert these AVI
> files into very small-sized SWF files.
>
> I have two SWF files that were created with camtasia - I have concatenated
> them using:
> swfcombine --cat 0.swf 1.swf
>
> It concatenates fine, however, the quality of the resulting SWF has
> diminished.  I see artifacts in the playback - the appears of dots,
> lines, etc.

Could you upload two of those Camtasia files somewhere, and post a
link here? I'll then take a look at it.

While at it- could you do me a favour? Could you try to convert Screen
Capture of a completely black area of a size of preferrably 512x512
to SWF? I'm currently debugging my own h.263 code, and I can't get
totally black frames to work, so taking a look at how such a frame is
encoded by Camtasia might help. Thanks!