Re: [Swftools-common] os x: wav2swf static problem

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] os x: wav2swf static problem
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:14:27 +0100

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 10:40:33AM -0500, Dan Friedman wrote:
> I see a thread back around Oct. 7 with someone describing the same
> problem I have -- everything builds fine, configure finds all my
> shared libs, but then wav2swf seems to just produce static. As in the
> other solution offered (remove the '#define DEFINESOUND_MP3 1' from
> src/wav2swf.c and recompile), with no apparent change.
>
> Was there ever a resolution of this issue?

Not yet. Mainly because I don't have one of those shiny Mac OS X systems
myself. ;)

Could you please try the following:

1.) Pass the -d option to your modified version of wav2swf:
      wav2swf -d sound.wav -o sound.swf
    Does this make a difference?

2.) Add the code

#ifdef WORDS_BIGENDIAN
    /* swap bytes */
    for(t=0;t<numsamples;t++) {
        samples[t] = (samples[t]>>8)&0xff | (samples[t]<<8)&0xff00;
    }
#endif

    to wav2swf.c, below the line

        numsamples = wav2.size/2;

    (around line 239), and then run it with and without the -d option.

Thanks,