Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF Fonts: embedded PDF vs. substitution

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF Fonts: embedded PDF vs. substitution
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 09:23:23 +0000

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 11:00:59AM -0800, Clyde Sparks wrote:
> I have translated some PDF pages using PDF2SWF and I get warning
> messages that Fonts are missing.
>
> 1) Is there an options to force the PDF2SWF process to use the Fonts
> that are embedded in the PDF document?
>     The PDF file obviously has all necessary Font Information embedded
> in the document.

These are Type0C fonts, right?
Those don't work properly with pdf2swf yet.

With the very lastest version of pdf2swf (of today), you can now do

    pdf2swf -s forceType0Fonts=1 file.pdf -o file.swf

but be aware that you might get mixed up characters.

> 2) What is the best procedure to use(or convert) fonts when you have
> been given Mac Fonts but
>    want to execute PDF2SWF in a Windows environment?

Mac Fonts should work in Windows (or at least, pdf2swf), too.
They are usually OpenType or TrueType.

> 3) Is "font2swf"  usable with PDF2SWF?  Does font2swf help with any of
> the above questions?

Nope. Those two don't have much to do with each other. font2swf is
mainly useful for swfc and librfxswf(-python).