Re: [Swftools-common] SWFCOMBINE and actionscript 2.0

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] SWFCOMBINE and actionscript 2.0
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 08:22:49 +0100

On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 10:55:37AM +0100, Philippe Maurer wrote:
> I am using a swf file containing a form created under FLASH MX 2004.
>
> The movie must be published with actionscript2.0, so that the form can be
> displayed.
>
> When I combine this file to another one ( even the same ) the result does
> not show the form properly anymore as if the swf was back to
> actionscript1.0.
>
> Is this a bug or did I forgot to pass some extra parameter to the swfcombine
> tool?

Probably the file version got decreased- if you pass a movie for
Flash version 4 to e.g. Flash Player 6, it will do it's very best to
simulate Flash 4.

Try to do a swfdump the files, and take a look at the version numbers in
the header. It might also help to pass the "-z" option to swfcombine, as
that will bump the version to 6.