Re: [Swftools-common] Problem compiling dev snapshot

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Problem compiling dev snapshot
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 06:13:05 +0100

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 12:37:33PM +0000, Matt Southall wrote:
> I'm assuming that something is wrong
> and that I shouldn't be seeing them in the first place? I'm using
> Debian Woody (up to date). Any help gratefully received.
> gcc -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -I/usr/include/freetype2 -Wparentheses -Wimplicit
> -Wreturn-type -O -fomi
> t-frame-pointer  rfxswf.c -o rfxswf.o
> In file included from rfxswf.c:1537:
> modules/swfbits.c: In function `swf_ImageGetNumberOfPaletteEntries':
> modules/swfbits.c:111: parse error before `int'

gcc 2.95.x, eh? I wish that gcc 3.x.x would have a way to report
non-backwards-compatible constructs like
{
    a = 3;
    int y;
}
which is what caused the compile to fail in your case (It's perfectly
valid for newer gcc versions, it only fails for 2.95.x).

Anyway, this is fixed now. I'll upload a new snapshot shortly.