Re: [Swftools-common] Presentation+audio

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Presentation+audio
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:43:34 +0100

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 08:11:04PM +0100, Juan Ramón Rico wrote:
> I'd like to make automatic presentations slides+audio in swf format.
>
> I think is possible with swftools:
> 1.- I make some slides with openoffice and export to slides.swf, so I
> have the slides.
> 2.- I save a audio presentation from the slides in a sound.wav, so I
> have the audio explanation.
>
> How can I combine slides.swf+sound.wav -> automaticPresentation.swf?

The problem with this approach is that current OpenOffice versions
(at least up to 1.3- not sure about 2.0) always save a lot of junk
into the SWF file, not just the slides- empty frames between slides,
ActionScript code for browsing etc.
This makes it, at best, tricky to simply add something to those SWFs.
A better approach might be to save the slides as pdf, convert them
to swf using pdf2swf, and then use swfc to add the audio.

See also the thread
    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2004-04/msg00018.html
.