Re: [Swftools-common] swfc, .text is one char wide, ideas?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] swfc, .text is one char wide, ideas?
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 13:20:21 +0200

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 04:36:12PM +0100, Ranting Hippy wrote:
> http://www.rantinghippy.org.uk/tests/text1.html

Hm, I'd say the font is to blame. It doesn't seem to specify
correct advance parameters.
You're using a file called "font/Times.swf"- I guess this
was converted from some system font by font2swf? Maybe ubuntu
has broken fonts somewhere?
I'm just wildly guessing here- to be more precise, it would help
if I could have a look at the Times.swf and Times.ttf files you're
using.
In case you didn't convert this yourself, but used the one
supplied with swftools, try upgrading the font file to the newest
version. I made some changes to the advance scaling not so long ago.