Re: [Swftools-common] swfc, .text is one char wide, ideas?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] swfc, .text is one char wide, ideas?
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 09:55:45 +0200

On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 07:00:14PM +0100, Ranting Hippy wrote:
> yep, it was the font. i tried a random .ttf font from my system and it
> worked fine.
>
> the strange thing is that i took the .sc and the font from the example
> here:-
>
> http://technoargia.free.fr/swftools/examples/button2/button2.html

That's made with an older version of swftools.
It's very well possible the font doesn't work anymore.

> i also checked the use of .swf fonts, in that i did a font2swf on the
> .ttf i suscessfully used above, and that worked fine. this is sounding
> like .swf fonts made with earlier versions of swftools don't work
> with the current one (ie no backwards compatibility).
>
> however i got
> the same effect with 0.6.3 as well, so i'm a little lost

The change was before 0.6.3, not between 0.6.3 and 0.7.0.
If you use a recent font2swf version to generate the .swf font, you
should be fine.

Another (even simpler) option is to simply specify the font in the
swfc file as ttf, not as swf:

    .font myfont filename="Arial.ttf"

.
Using this syntax, you should be always on the save side concerning
font versioning.