[Swftools-common] SWFC: MP3 support without re-encoding [patch]

From: Joel Yliluoma
Subject: [Swftools-common] SWFC: MP3 support without re-encoding [patch]
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:55:44 +0300 (EEST)

Today I happened to write a program that simply reads an MP3 file
and spurts out an SWF file. I accidentally lost its source code,
which led me to find swftools.

So in an hour's work, I wrote MP3 support to swftools.
By MP3 support I mean that it's now possible to say this:

.sound sound1 "mp3file.mp3"

And it will work. It won't try to re-encode the MP3 file.
This way, you can specify your favourite MP3 encoding options
to LAME instead of hoping that SWFC gets it right. Or, use
your existing MP3 files without having to re-encode them.

Attached is the patch to swftools-2005-09-25-1334 source code.

--
Joel Yliluoma
http://iki.fi/bisqwit/