[Swftools-common] any suggestion?

From: Pedro Jorge Caridade
Subject: [Swftools-common] any suggestion?
Date: 11 Oct 2005 09:49:57 +0100

First of all let me say that swftools is the best tool for linux users
that need to construct flash animations, and after seeing that it can
import pdf files created from latex, Uau!

Although new to swftools, I usually do some flash animation basically
all written in actionscript, but now I struggling with some complex
molecular animation written in swfc format. Maybe some of the guru's can
help me on simplifying my thoughts.

Basically, I use povray to generate the molecular animation, transform
to swf format via png2swf. Until here everything is perfect and doing a
swfdump, i see that the animation have 73 frames. But now I decided that
I need two animations side by side and to put some buttons for start,
stop, pause, restart, etc. What is the best solution for this? Use swfc
or swfcombine? If one of this, does anybody have a simple example?

Finally a not exactly swftools related question. If I use swfc, in the
case of a loadMovie statement, what happens to the timeline present in
the root file? I thought that if becomes of the included file, and if i
put a stop() statement in the last frame (73 in the previous case) i
don't get expected result.

Thanks in advance
Pedro