Re: [Swftools-common] any suggestion?

From: Pedro Jorge Caridade
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] any suggestion?
Date: 17 Oct 2005 15:44:15 +0100

Thanks for your explanation Matthias. I was expecting that, when having
an external swf which was already created by swfc it lose the memory
about the name of the movieclip inserted.

One final question about swfc format. Now, like I told, I'm using a swfc
file with a stop() command:

.swf MyElec "electrod.swf" #this file loop forever
.put MyElec
.frame 71 #Last frame
.action:
stop(); //Stop it!
.end
.end

and then insert it in another swfc which have the buttons etc, with
actions like
.swf ExtFile"electrod.swf" #this file loop forever
.put ExtFile
#Button
.action
ExtFile.MyElec.play();
.end

Can I create single swfc format file with a sprite gathering these
instructions and skip this two step problem? I was thinking of something
like

.swf MyElec "electrod.swf"
.sprite MyMc
.put MyElec
.frame 71
.action:
stop();
.end
.end

and in the buttons call this sprite like
.action:
MyMC.Play(); //or MyMc.MyElec.play();
.end

but i don't get the same behavior that i get with two step: it does not
stop, sometimes stop randomly in other places.

Thanks for all attention
Pedro