Re: [Swftools-common] any suggestion?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] any suggestion?
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:19:59 +0200

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 09:49:57AM +0100, Pedro Jorge Caridade wrote:
> Basically, I use povray to generate the molecular animation, transform
> to swf format via png2swf. Until here everything is perfect and doing a
> swfdump, i see that the animation have 73 frames. But now I decided that
> I need two animations side by side and to put some buttons for start,
> stop, pause, restart, etc. What is the best solution for this? Use swfc
> or swfcombine? If one of this, does anybody have a simple example?

Use swfc. It's essentially the next generation replacement for
swfcombine, and there are few things swfcombine can do that you can't
do with swfc.

A simple example for a "player" functionality (stop, pause, play etc.)
is attached. Hope it's of help.

> Finally a not exactly swftools related question. If I use swfc, in the
> case of a loadMovie statement, what happens to the timeline present in
> the root file? I thought that if becomes of the included file, and if i
> put a stop() statement in the last frame (73 in the previous case) i
> don't get expected result.

MovieClip timelines are independent from the main timeline. If you stop
the main timeline, MovieClips will keep running. You need to stop
them explicitly, too, e.g. with
    this.my_movieclip.Stop()
.