Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - Selectable text

From: Thomas Rabe
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - Selectable text
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:06:53 +0200

Matthias Kramm schrieb:

> It's on my TODO list. FlashPaper can do it, so pdf2swf should be
> able to do it, too.
> It's tricky, however (requires some ActionScript magic I don't yet fully
> understand). Not sure when I'll get around to it.

hi,

can you describe the steps necessary to implement this feature? i'm also
interested in this feature because flashpaper is too buggy (it depends
on third-party applications - so fp produces different output on
different systems e.g. acrobat 6 vs. 7 ). is there a way to access the
text in macromedia flash?

ps: i figured out on some mac os x installations there are 2
'freetype-config' (X11 vs. fink freetype). to compile pdf2swf it's
necessary point $PATH to use the fink freetype 'freetype-config'. maybe
it's useful for the faq.

Greetings,

Thomas Rabe.

-- mail: raven at drehmoment dot org