[Swftools-common] pdf2swf: pages bigger in swf

From: Benedikt Quirmbach
Subject: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf: pages bigger in swf
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:20:25 +0100

Hello,

I'm converting PDFs to SWFs with pdf2swf.

When I look to the SWFs with Flashplayer I see on the left and on the bottom whit space byside the page. The page is positioned with the left upper corner in the left upper cotner of the window, but the window is bigger than the page should be...

I convert the PDFs using PHP and the system-command. With this you can get some messages while processing. In these messages I read the pages are 565*799 pixels (or what ever messure it is...). So it seems that pdf2swf "knows" the true values for the page...

Where does the white space come from?

The command I use in PHP is: "system('pdf2swf.exe mypdf.pdf -o myswf.swf');"

greetings
Benedikt