Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - AVM2 update?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - AVM2 update?
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 12:53:41 +0200

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 02:25:00PM -0400, Robert Brueckmann wrote:
> When I run the utility with command-line parameter of -s insertstop,
> like so:
>
> pdf2swf -s insertstop test.pdf -o test.swf
>
> The resulting swf has a Flash version of 6 and my Flex 2 app recognizes
> it as being an AVM1 movie.
>
> If I try and set the version by setting -T 9, like so:
>
> pdf2swf -T 9 -s insertstop test.pdf -o test.swf
>
> That is recognized as a MovieClip by my Flex 2 app but the '-s
> insertstop' command-line parameter seems to be ignored by the pdf2swf
> utility because the resulting swf file continuously flips through the
> pages of the report.

Hm, I guess the ActionScript used for the "STOP" command isn't working
anymore when the AS version is set to AS3.

If you want to help debug that, please send me a Version 9 SWF file, as
simple as possible, which contains, say, three frames, but stops
at the first frame. The official Flash 9 specifications are not out
yet, so I'll have to reverse engineer the bytecode.

Thanks,