Re: [Swftools-common] Compiling swftools on debian etch

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Compiling swftools on debian etch
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 12:59:29 +0200

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 11:38:59AM +0200, Daniel Caillibaud wrote:
> I tried to compile swftools on debian etch (gcc4 - 4.1.2 20061115),
> ./configure works fine (just a warning, config.status: WARNING:
> Makefile.common.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting) but then make
> (GNU Make 3.81) have a lot of errors like
>
> # make
> making all in m4...
> cd m4;make all
> /bin/sh: line 0: cd: m4: No such file or directory

Seems swftools was incompletely extracted. Maybe your tar version
contains a bug, or your disk was full.

Then again, you said you tried different versions (even CVS), so
it's unlikely the m4 directory is missing in all those versions.

Which subdirectories does your swftools directory have?
What happens if you manually enter
        cd m4
        make all
?