Re: [Swftools-common] Compiling swftools on debian etch

From: Daniel Caillibaud
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Compiling swftools on debian etch
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 18:47:42 +0200

This compiling pb is disconnected from swftools...

Details follow

Matthias Kramm a écrit :
On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 03:33:07PM +0200, Daniel Caillibaud wrote:
# make
making all in m4...
cd m4;make all
/bin/sh: line 0: cd: m4: No such file or directory
What happens if you manually enter cd m4
        make all
?
Nothing...

Weird- maybe a broken make.

Could you try removing the lines
    @echo making $@ in m4...
    cd m4;$(MAKE) $@

from the Makefile, and try running
    make
again?

next dir same pb...

making all in lib...
cd lib;make all
/bin/sh: line 0: cd: lib: No such file or directory
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/src/swftools/swftools-0.8.1'
making all in lib...
cd lib;make all
/bin/sh: line 0: cd: lib: No such file or directory
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/src/swftools/swftools-0.8.1'
making all in lib...

.. [looping] ...

I'l surprised not to see this pb searching the web because I guess I'm not the first one to try to compile swftools on debian etch...

It's on a brand new installation without any package coming outside stable debian etch, on official mirrors only, and without any binaries hand made.
So, to be sure, I tried to compile apache2, to check my config and surprised,
same pb (but without the loop) !

make
Making all in srclib
/bin/sh: line 10: cd: srclib: No such file or directory
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Sorry for borrying this list with a pb disconnected from swftools...
I verified that /bin/sh was bash and not another shell.

I'll try on debian ml.

Thanks a lot Matthias

Daniel