Re: [Swftools-common] Problem with the shape with opacity in pdf2swf con

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Problem with the shape with opacity in pdf2swf conversion
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 12:44:49 +0200

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 08:06:47PM -0700, Jonathan Lee wrote:
> I created a pdf file, with a image on back. And a box with 14 pix border on
> top.
> Both border and border's internal has color (but different color), all with
> 50% alpha setting.
>
> Check the attached 2 files.
>
> The pdf looks good. While he swf file looks different with the pdf
> file. The border becomes to level and also the internal green color
> seems different with the one on pdf.

Very interesting file-
The border is a stroke, not a polygon, while the rectangle in the middle
is a (filled) polygon.
Might be that the calculation of the line widths is different from
Acrobat somewhere, so that the stroke doesn't touch the box in the
middle exactly at the border.
Would you mind creating a second test file, where the blue stroke runs
*through* the box in the middle somewhere? I'd like to know whether
you'd then get the same second shade of blue in Acrobat as in the SWF.

The issue with the "color space" of the image in the middle is also
interesting, but presumably a lot harder to debug. The exact formulas
for color conversions and transparency calculations of Adobe's Acrobat
are undocumented.

Both these issues also appear in xpdf, so I'll also pass this upstream.
Please let me know whether you can create that second test file.

Thanks,