RE: [Swftools-common] %d can produce larger SWF files

From: Tony Stallan
Subject: RE: [Swftools-common] %d can produce larger SWF files
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 09:55:16 -0400

Hi Matthias,

I'm not talking about multiple pages in a single file, I'm talking about 1
page in 1 file.

I run this command to produce a swf for page 1

pdf2swf somefile.pdf -F fonts -f -p 1 -s insertstop -s enablezlib -s
flashversion=8 -s internallinkfunction=_root.internalLink -s zoom=75 -s
ignoredraworder -s jpegquality=50 -s fontquality=50 %3 -o  swfpage_1.swf

I may have to run this command several times for each page in the pdf

So I tried the following with %d to automatically create 1 swf file for each
page

pdf2swf somefile.pdf -F fonts -f -s insertstop -s enablezlib -s
flashversion=8 -s internallinkfunction=_root.internalLink -s zoom=75 -s
ignoredraworder -s jpegquality=50 -s fontquality=50 -o swfpage_%d.swf

(I may have typed it incorrectly as I am out of the office)

What I noticed was that the pages created with %d were much bigger than the
ones created with separate commands.

Swfpage_1.swf was 100k using the first method.

Swfpage_1.swf was 150k using the second method.

Why would this be ?

Regards

Tony