[Swftools-common] Using swfcombine to produce AVM2/AS3 compatible movies

From: Stefan Richter
Subject: [Swftools-common] Using swfcombine to produce AVM2/AS3 compatible movies
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:12:40 +0000

Hello all,
I'm in need for some help in regards to swfcombine.

I am using swfcombine successfully in combination with pdf2swf to convert PDF files to SWF, and I then assign a viewer.swf to it. My viewer.swf is an AS3 file and the resulting SWF is AVM2 compatible and I can 'talk' to it fine from my Flex application.

I'm also evaluating some Powerpoint to SWF conversion tools. One of these tools produces AVM1 SWFs. Using this conversion tool I have produced a SWF called air.swf. I would now like to use swfcombine to 'convert' it into a AVM2 SWF, but I am having no joy. Is it even possible?

Here's what I am trying:
swfcombine -o newfile.swf viewer.swf viewport=air.swf

Whereby newfile.swf is the specified output, air.swf is the AVM1 file I would like to convert to AVM2 and viewer.swf is my AVM2 based viewer file.

The output I get is:
WARNING Didn't find anything named viewport in file. No substitutions will occur.

I am thankful for any tips. Maybe only certain SWFs (those produced with pdf2swf) can be 'transformed' to AVM2 in this way?

Regards,

Stefan

address@hidden
www.flashcomguru.com