Re: [Swftools-common] Add links and Pdf2swf

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Add links and Pdf2swf
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 07:00:26 +0000

2009/2/1 David Horne <address@hidden>:
> Hi I have two questions.
>
> First off I remember hearing that the availability to add a maximum height
> or width to a swf generated with pdf2swf was going to become available.  Is
> this offered yet? Also if it is I would love to see an example of its use.

Had you noticed that when adding a viewer, as in say ..

     pdf2swf -b  a.pdf -o b.swf

The last thing that pdf2swf does is run swfcombine wth the -X and -Y options?
See  http://wiki.swftools.org/index.php/Swfcombine

So, you could maybe do

     swfcombine  -X 280 -Y 400 --dummy viewport="b.swf" -o "d.swf"

or something along those lines?

> Second I am would like to know if its possible to create a viewer that can
> add links to the swf sort of like a flash editor.  I see a lot of companies
> that offer the ability to add movies and links via an editor to the swf's
> and was wondering if this could possibly be using swfcombine to do this.

Then wouldn't it be an editor that you need?  'swfcombine' isn't exatly an
editor..  Then I suppose you could concatenate two or more swfs,  adding
one with links, and one with a movies,  then call an external function to do
what you wnated ..?

Regards,

Chris.