Re: [Swftools-common] Pdf2Swf Newbie Simple Questions

From: Joseph Masoud
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Pdf2Swf Newbie Simple Questions
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 12:58:25 +0100

Jean-Philippe Encausse wrote:
Hi !
I've some newbie question about usage of Pdf2Swf. I didn't find
answers on Google, Groups, SourgeForge, StackOverflow, ...

1. Is there a tutorial or sample file to create my own Viewer ?
This would be a good start:
http://swfviewer.blogspot.com/2009/01/initial-release.html

I haven't been able to find a full A to Z tutorial on creating one.

My effort  to make a document viewer are here:
http://www.mavedu.com/viewer

I am trying to develop an on-line conversion platform (using PHP with a few custom extensions) but it's still in pre-alpha and the code is still undergoing major revisions. But if you feel like checking it out, it's on:
http://alpha.hubcapdigital.com
(We're still waiting for a designer to come in and help us with the site above - it will definitely not be launched in it's current state)
2. Is there professional, good looking viewer (without serverside
jobs, flex,...) ?
Apart from the zViewer, I was not able to find anything else. I do recall seeing a Flex viewer somewhere but it wasn't that good (I can't remember the link, all I remember is that is was by a Russian Flex Developer).
3. What feature are available with viewer ?
- Highlight Ok, Multiple Colors ?
- JavaScript Interaction ? Section détection (to make notes) ?
Next/Previous/Search/...
- Page Filps (I see somes)
- Little Previews ?
Try going to different sites and see what they offer:
Issu, DocStock, Scribd, pdfmenot and so on. They're all really, really good viewers, plenty of inspiration on the Web.
I'm not good Flash Developer, and I'm looking for a good looking,
powerful, scribd "like" viewer I could use as a plugin for my CMS.

Best Regards,

Many thanks,
Joseph