Re: [Swftools-common] FlashExtractor

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] FlashExtractor
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 16:45:03 +0200

On 21 June 2010 15:33, Chris Ohmstede <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 06/21/2010 02:03 AM, Chris Pugh wrote:
>> On 21 June 2010 10:19, Chris Ohmstede <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I've been using swfextract for a while and, being lazy as I am,
>>> finally wrote a gui front end for it so I won't have to write any more
>>> scripts.  In the spirit of open source, I've released it onto
>>> sourceforge.  Here's the link if you're interested:
>>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/flashextractor/
>>>
>>> I pretty much use Linux exclusively any more so that's the only OS I've
>>> used it in.  I suppose it would work in any OS with GTK+ and gnome
>>> libraries installed but no guarantees.  Anyway, hope you find it useful.
>>>
>>> Chris
>>>
>> http://wiki.swftools.org    ;o)
>>
>> ( Of course, if you also have a wiki log-in, you can amend to suit youself. )
>>
>> Best,
>>

>> Chris.
>>

> WOW, I'm surprised, flattered, excited, and, well, inspired.  My next
> step is to utilize swfdump so I can attach used / used by elements to
> each object.  This means that you will be able to, say, right click on a
> Movie Clip object, select 'Uses', and copy a / some / all the objects it
> uses to the extract list, or right click on a shape, select 'Used By',
> and copy a / some / all the objects that use it to the extract list.
> Wow was that a run-on sentence.  Anyway, much appreciated, thanks.
>
> Chris

Welcome.  You took the time and trouble to write the GUI interface. which
( hopefully ) many will find useful.  If you are inspired to develop
further, then
I'm also siure Matthias will be well pleased as well.  And why not?

The wiki doesn't really get updated as often as it should do.  Maybe I should
make more effort there.  I get little time to program ( besides which,
I'm getting
tired, old, and slow in that department.. ;o) )

Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Chris.