Re: [Swftools-common] Problem converting a pdf to swf

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Problem converting a pdf to swf
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 12:46:02 +0100

On 27 June 2010 00:30, Ricardo Pedrosoures
 <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2010/6/24 John Georgiou <address@hidden>:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have the attached PDF page127.pdf from a customer of mine.
>> I tryied all the possible command line switches to convert it to swf, but
>> the result is problematic
>>

> This pdf is somewhat strange, because I could open it sucessfull only
> with adobe reader. I tried with evince, xpdf (chrashed) and foxitreader
>
> Ricardo

xpdf does not cope at all well with the ppm pictures.  Hence
anything which relies upon or implements it, suffers as well.
Try some of the xpdf command-line extraction/conversion
utilities, and you'll see what I mean.

Software which doesn't directly reply upon xpdf, seems to
be ok.

Incidentally, this pdf of minitractores.com, seems to be doing
the rounds. ;o)

Regards,

Chris.