Re: [Swftools-common] Problem converting a pdf to swf

From: James White
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Problem converting a pdf to swf
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:58:45 -0700

Greetings,
     I have a similar problem (I think) and I'm hoping someone can give me some insight into fixing it.  I have a number of PDF document that I need to convert (on demand) to swf and view.  I'm using FlexPaper (http://flexpaper.devaldi.com/) to view swf files.  An important feature is to be able to search the document.  A number of these PDF documents are scanned documents with an OCR'ed text in them.  If I use "pdf2swf input.pdf -o output.swf " all is well.  I can view the embedded OCR results using "swfstrings" and the resulting swf file is searchable in the FlexPaper viewer.   However there are a number of PDF files that don't render properly with out using the "-O1" or "-s poly2bitmap" switch.  However the swf files created this way no longer have the embedded OCR "swfstrings" returns nothing and the resulting swf file can't be searched in FlexPaper.  Is there a way to keep the OCR'ed strings when using the "-O1" switch or any workaround that will allow me to extract the strings from a swf file created without the "-O1" switch and insert them into a swf document created with the '-O1" switch?
Jim White
206-234-4832

Copyright 2010, Sage Research and Consulting. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized disclosure prohibited.

Notice: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received this email in error, and delete the copy you received. Thank you.