Re: [Swftools-common] Problem with color gradient in PDF2SWF

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Problem with color gradient in PDF2SWF
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 17:20:57 +0200

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 16:02:38 +0200
"Michael Haufler (scireum GmbH)" <address@hidden> wrote:

> The really problem is that pdf2swf don't tell us about its behaviour. (The
> catalog has about 1200 Pages and only 8 Pages have this problem)
> So one way is to convert the whole catalog with -O2 but that would be
> suboptimal.

Unfortunately, calling pdf2swf in the manner of a function won't do you
a lot of good!

> The other way is to do those 8 Pages manually which is also not desirable
> cause we have quite a few of those candidates ;-)
>
> Has anyone any idea?

I can manage a few off the cuff suggestions ( see below ). I'll leave you
judge how helpful..

> Here is what pdf2swf tells us (I also tried -v but the there is no
> additional info)

More than one 'v' will up the verbosity level, try -vv or -vvv

Adding -I will do a dummy run, showing you what is happening.

> D:\>pdf2swf xxx.pdf
> NOTICE  Output filename not given. Writing to xxx.swf

Oh dear. The 'D:\' indicates a version of Windows. :o(  How are you at scripting
in it, or in a language running under it?

Only thing I can think of,

 - a dummy run with the appropriate verbose level to pick up and log the 'error'
   page numbers

 -  have two different versions of the pdf2swf command string on an branch; the
    'good' page sequence goes to one, the 'bad' to another. Use -p [ranges]

 - cement the swfs back together with swfcombine.

Best I can come up with. A bit of work undoubtedly, but possible.

Regards,

Chris.