Re: [Swftools-common] Flash Extractor 2.3.0

From: Chris Ohmstede
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Flash Extractor 2.3.0
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 12:18:35 -0800

On 11/24/2010 09:32 PM, Gunivortus Goos wrote:
Hello Chris,

CO>  Time for the next release.

Linux only?

Hi Gunivortus

Sorry so long getting back (Thanksgiving here in the U.S., I'm still stuffed.) Yes, still just Linux. I wrote this for myself and then decided to give it to the Linux community. I'm not looking to take money out of the wallets of Windows and Mac developers. Linux is free and doesn't require a lot of processing power, so anyone can spend $100 on a used machine and install it. Run correctly, there are no more worries about viruses and spy ware and all the software is free. you might find, like I did, you're spending all your time on your Linux machines and your Windows machines are just gathering dust. On the other hand, my app is strictly ISO C++ and should compile in any operating system with a compliant compiler. As for the libraries I'm dependent on, I haven't checked there usability beyond Linux. My app is open source and free for anybody to do with it as they will. I'm not opposed to somebody compiling a Windows and / or Mac version but I won't be the one doing it and I won't be the one supporting it.

Anyway
happy Thanksgiving.

Chris