Re: [Swftools-common] Hyperlink Coords

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Hyperlink Coords
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 18:14:35 -0800

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Hans J NUecke <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am looking for a way to handle internal names (targets, text anchors?)
> with swf files. Like links to a page or URL, but to named tags in this case.
>
> This thread might indicate a way to extract the needed information (xref
> info: names <-> page number) out of any status reports.
>
> So here my questions for the experts (before I follow dead end links):
> - is using -vvv and parsing the resulting messages a feasible approach for
> what I need? WIll that information be output? Or is swfdump a better way?

It will be printed out. It should also give you more information about
whether a link
is named than swfdump would:

VERBOSE storing "Named" link to "end"

> - I saw in lib\devices\swf.c  a function called
>   swfoutput_namedlink(gfxdevice_t*dev, char*name, gfxline_t*points)
>   Right after the functions linktopage and linktourl. My hope is, this
> function already does support something helpful for my needs.

That function actually only exists for historical reasons, and will
only be executed if
you insert a link into a PDF that starts with "http://pdf2swf";. It can
be used to set
a root level variable "subtitle" via ActionScript, when the mouse is
hovering over them.

On the other hand, the code you're presumably looking for is in
CharOutputDev.cc, around line 1050:

       case actionNamed: {
            type = "Named";

What are you using named links for, btw.? I haven't dealt with them
for almost a decade.