Re: [Swftools-common] AS3

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] AS3
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 15:29:34 +0100

Recardo Pedroso wrote:

>>If you system has all the necessary dependencies, it is as >>simple as:

>> tar xxvf swftools-0.9.1.tar.gz
>> cd swftools-0.9.1
>>./configure
>> make
>> You don't need to "make install". All the tools will be in the
>> swftools-0.9.1/src directory

Try completing the install by issuing,

   make install

The swftools executables would then be in the system path and
accessible system wide. ( By default that's '/usr/local/bin',
with all the libraries being at '/usr/local/lib' ).

You could also configure your own executable path by using,

   ./configure --prefix=/you/swftools/folder/choice
    make
    make install

You'd then have to add your custom path to the system path,
like so,

    export PATH=$PATH:/your/swftools/folder/choice

As Ricardo has stated, the make command on it's own simply
compiles the executables, nothing more. They remain in the
swftools src folder until you tell the system to be place
them elsewhere with a 'make install', or manually copy them
elsewhere yourself.

HTH.

Regards,

Chris.