[Swftools-common] Exporting data from PDF2SWF in a binary format

From: Jeremy Rudd
Subject: [Swftools-common] Exporting data from PDF2SWF in a binary format
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 08:19:16 +0530

Hi all,

I've been using PDF2SWF (a fantastic tool, btw) for the last few months to read PDF data. Currently I'm parsing the SWF to extract the text/shapes from the PDFs.

I was wondering if I could modify the source of PDF2SWF, to export directly to a simple binary format instead of exporting to SWF, which would be cool for 2 reasons:

- bypass the SWF per-frame shape limitation (65K shapes per frame or something) - bypass parsing SWF - the binary format can be read much easier by my apps in .NET

I scanned the lib folder as well as the pdf2swf.c source that would be relevant. I couldn't understand where to begin, so I'm writing to ask for some pointers. Any suggestions or help - what to change and how, would also be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Jeremy Rudd