Re: [Swftools-common] swftools license?

From: Lists
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] swftools license?
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 02:14:48 +0000

On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 23:57:04 +0100
Pablo Rodríguez <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> according to http://www.swftools.org, SWFTools is released under the
> GNU GPL.
>
> The wiki assumes (http://wiki.swftools.org/wiki/FAQ) that GPL version
> is the latest one.
>
> But Matthias declared
> (https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2009-07/msg00138.html)
> that the GPL version was 2, not 3 (at least in 2009).
>
> What is the right license for SWFTools? (Sorry for the basic question,
> but unless I’ missing something, the information given to the public
> seems to contradict what Matthias has in mind.)
>
> Many thanks for your help,
>

> Pablo

Here's a younger posting.

  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2010-07/msg00035.html

Note particularly the lines toward the bottom of the <snip> section,
a quote taken from the source code.  You can also compare this with the
preamble headings written inside other files from the source tree..

http://wiki.swftools.org/viewgit/?a=tree&p=swftools-git%20&h=7579c6596f1dc31028b055bf36e7ce62f7c7aa14&hb=878f001061607afebc383cae58144444c0984c4f

Maybe those lines should be quoted on the wiki, as clarification for
others like yourself, who raise this question? ;o)

Regards,

Chris.