synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Installation on RH 8.0

From: Craig Toenes
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Installation on RH 8.0
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 21:06:35 -0800 (PST)

I'm sorry to bother you, but I am a newbie to Linux.
I have xsu-0.2.3-1.i386.rpm installed
I have apt-0.5.4cnc9-fr1 installed
I have synaptic 0.28 downloaded in my home directory.
      The reason I decided to take this route is that
my
Redhat doesn't get past the dependencies and I can't
install anything or manage packages.

I know it's a lot to ask but is there something that I
could use to guide me through the
installation/compilation process. I'm stuck on the
command line but I have no idea what I'm doing.

                    Regards,
                           Moby

        Craig Toenes address@hidden